STAFFORD, VIRGINIA – Stafford County Department of Economic Development & Tourism’s is thrilled to announce that Courtney Swenson has been named one of Destinations International’s 2022 30 Under 30 recipients. To learn more about each honoree, click here.
For six years, Courtney has devoted her work to marketing for Stafford County’s Department of Economic Development & Tourism. She leads the Department’s efforts in marketing and communications strategies, branding, public relations, advertising, and creative design development. Whether she’s spearheading an integrated marketing campaign or diving into consumer data, Courtney positions Stafford as “the” place to work, live, play–propelling destination and business development marketing initiatives.
“Courtney has been a tremendous member of our Economic Development & Tourism Band over the four years I have been here and more recently taking on the responsibilities of Marketing Manager for the Department,” stated John Holden, Director for Economic Development & Tourism for Stafford County. “She has developed our Departments’ strategic marketing plan, integrating economic development and tourism, and taken on its implementation with new website designs, messaging, and strategic advertising campaigns. Courtney is an invaluable member of our Band.”
Destinations International is committed to investing and preparing the leaders of tomorrow and developing future industry leaders that represent a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives. Each year, 30 individuals under the age of 30, are selected to gain valuable industry networking opportunities and increased thought leadership throughout the year. The honorees originate from a variety of destination organizations of all sizes and countries.
A diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our industry’s ability to attract, develop, and retain the talent it needs to remain competitive, drive innovation and maintain relevance. Studies on equity, diversity and inclusion show that there is an opportunity for training and education for entry and midlevel employees that would have a long-term impact to implement equity, diversity and inclusion practices and be deliberate on succession planning.
“The 30 Under 30 program remains critical to our organization’s vision and mission,” said Don Welsh, president and CEO of Destinations International. “As our industry moves toward recovery, we are especially excited to announce these young professionals as they are the future of the travel and tourism industry.”
“The Destinations International Foundation believes in building up the leaders of tomorrow, said John Percy, president and CEO of Destination Niagara USA and Destinations International Foundation chair. “We are proud of our 30 Under 30 Program and for the foundation investors who make programs like these possible for our industry. We look forward to engaging with them through professional development and networking opportunities throughout the year and in the years to come.”
“We are thrilled to honor this year’s class of emerging young leaders,” said Mike Gamble, president and CEO of SearchWide Global. “As we continue to rebuild and re-energize our industry, our commitment to the 30 under 30 program and the professional development of our future leaders will remain essential.”
The 2022 30 Under 30 Class Includes:
- Sinothando Adonisi, Researcher, Cape Town Tourism
- Kayla Adams, Sports Sales Manager, Greensboro Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Deanna Barclay, Senior Manager, Content, Visit Baltimore
- April Brown, Special Events Manager, South Padre Island Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Annie Cameron, Senior Marketing Content Manager, Discover Halifax
- Olivia Celata, Marketing & Travel Trade Promotions Manager, New Orleans & Company
- Skylar Clark, Director, Partner Marketing, Brand USA
- Tyler Cole, Economic Development Officer – Sports & Events, Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Economic Development & Tourism
- Zhavier Harris, Marketing Specialist, Visit Springfield
- Danielle Keller, Business Applications Specialist, Explore St. Louis
- Nick Kleva, Sports Tourism Manager, Visit South Bend Mishawaka
- Krystal Kusmieruk, Digital Marketing Manager, Visit Greater Palm Springs
- Ophélie Le Livec, Creative Design Specialist, VisitNorfolk
- Katie Ligon, Executive Assistant to the President/CEO, Memphis Tourism
- Brianna McEnroe, Social Media & Digital Communications Manager, Discover Long Island
- Kellie Myers, Convention Services Manager, Oklahoma City Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Olivia Novak, Marketing Manager, Discover Lancaster
- Kaitlyn Parham, Digital Marketing & Design Director, Cobb Travel & Tourism
- Chris Riggins, Destination Marketing Manager, Destination Bryan
- Mary Rowe, Tourism Sales Administration Manager, Nashville Convention & Visitors Corporation
- Celeste Rodriguez, Digital Communications Specialist, Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority (Visit Reno Tahoe)
- Taylor Savage, National Sales Manager, Experience Columbus
- Amy Shen, Sales Coordinator, Destination Toronto
- Mallory Snyder, Vice President of Business Development, Visit York County
- Lindsey Steck, Marketing & Communications Manager, Visit Pensacola
- Courtney Swenson, Marketing Manager, Stafford County, Virginia Department of Economic Development & Tourism
- Davelyn Tardi, Communications Manager, Discover Puerto Rico
- Alexea Veneracion, Director of Communications, Visit Colorado Springs
- Jonathan Walker, Sports Sales Manager, Providence Warwick Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Rasheedi Williams, Group Development Account Representative, Visit Orlando
Now in its 12th year, the 30 Under 30 program is supported by founding program partner, SearchWide Global and sponsored by Fired Up! Culture, Northstar Meetings Group and PCMA. For more information on the 30 Under 30 Program and the 2022 30 Under 30 class, please visit destinationsinternational.org/general-information/30-under-30.