JOIN US! Partnering with The Free Lance Star.. You will learn how small businesses ...
In 2011, the Chamber launched its very own green initiative – an effort to reduce its carbon footprint and help conserve natural resources.
Since starting this program, we have reduced our ecological impact by:
- eliminating water bottles through installing water filters for our sinks
- eliminating use of Styrofoam coffee cups and switching to washable mugs
- taking our event registration online to eliminate paper waste
- saving electricity by turning off all office lights when they are not in use
- converting our membership records from paper to “the cloud”
- expanding recycling efforts
- reducing excessive paper meeting packets
- establishing a Green Business Initiatives Advisory Commission
- joining “Virginia Green”
Sustainable energy and water use, carbon-neutral or negative solutions, eco-friendly transportation, ecological services, greener buildings and IT infrastructure are generating ever-greater interest in the business community. Companies ranging from Google to mom-and-pop enterprises are reducing their big carbon footprints and cutting their operating costs. This wave is sweeping over the Fredericksburg Region’s business community.
While profit is both a motivating factor and payoff for some, the broader theme is one of a sense of collective intelligence and responsibility in wanting to enhance quality of life and, at the same time, help preserve the planet’s natural resources.
The Chamber is proud to play a role in helping area businesses "go green", and make the Fredericksburg Region an even better place to live, work and play.